The pre-conference masterclasses provide attendees with morning and afternoon tea breaks and a 1-hour lunch break allowing for extra networking opportunities and in-depth learning.
The masterclasses start at 09:00 and finish at 17:00.
This comprehensive one-day intensive program will equip project managers with the foundational knowledge and advanced strategies needed for managing ongoing infrastructure projects. This masterclass offers a blend of theoretical frameworks and real-world applications, ensuring participants are well-versed in project management principles and adept at applying them in complex, real-world scenarios.
Participants will gain insights into understanding the intricacies of stakeholder management, budgeting, risk assessment, and applying cutting-edge project management tools and methodologies. The masterclass is designed to empower attendees with the skills needed to successfully navigate the challenges unique to managing infrastructure projects in Australia.
In this interactive and practical workshop, you will develop critically important skills that will enable you to efficiently and confidently manage a project, including:
- Analysing stakeholder dynamics to enhance communication: Attendees will learn to identify and manage diverse stakeholder expectations, improving project communication and collaboration.
- Implementing risk management strategies to mitigate against uncertainties: Discussions will focus on equipping attendees with the ability to foresee potential risks in their projects and how to implement effective strategies to mitigate them.
- Utilising advanced project management tools to optimise workflow: Participants will be introduced to emerging and innovative project management tools, enabling them to streamline project processes and increase efficiency.
- Executing effective budget management to ensure the project's financial integrity: Attendees will deep dive into budget planning and financial management strategies, which are crucial for maintaining the financial health of large-scale projects.
- Applying agile methodologies to enhance project flexibility: Attendees will learn how to apply agile principles to infrastructure projects, allowing for greater adaptability and responsiveness to market changes.
This masterclass is tailored for professionals keen to advance their skills in managing complex projects, especially those involving multiple stakeholders, significant budgets, and stringent timelines. The content is relevant for seasoned project managers seeking to update their skills and newer managers aiming to solidify their foundational knowledge.
This masterclass is tailored for those who manage projects, engage with communities, shape urban landscapes, or serve in government roles, and who are also actively involved in the initiation, development, and execution of extensive infrastructure ventures. The course aims to equip attendees with the knowledge and hands-on skills essential for effective interaction with local populations affected by major infrastructure projects.
Participants will learn to fine-tune their communication skills to address the unique needs of communities, engage in effective dialogue, and establish enduring, reciprocal partnerships between the community and the project stakeholders.
In this unique and practical workshop, you will develop the key skills necessary for effective community engagement in infrastructure projects, including:
- Analysing community dynamics to enhance project feasibility: Learn to identify and analyse key community stakeholders, their interests, and how these can affect the feasibility and success of proposed infrastructure projects.
- Developing effective communication strategies to build trust: Examine creating and implementing communication plans to effectively convey project information, manage expectations, and build trust with community members from diverse backgrounds.
- Implementing participatory decision-making to foster inclusivity: Explore methods to actively involve the community in decision-making, ensuring their voices are heard and considered during the project development stage.
- Evaluating engagement effectiveness to promote continuous improvement: Review best practices for establishing metrics and procedures to evaluate the effectiveness of community engagement initiatives, and facilitating continuous improvements to ensure ongoing success.
Participants will leave the masterclass with an understanding of the most critical aspects of community engagement, focusing on the specifics as they relate to infrastructure developments. Participants will return to their offices armed with an array of practical methodologies to allow them to navigate and lead community communication programs with confidence and a transformative impact.
Founder | Leadership Communications Coach & Consultant
Behind The Scenes Communications